Sunday, March 27, 2011

The lady in the next bed

That night I do my best to get some sleep and despite the mutiple tests etc throughout the night, I actually feel rested the next morning.  I learn from my surgeon that my thryoid was very difficult to remove.  It was very vascular and he feels that if we had waited much longer it may have been impossible to remove.  Now, I know that I did the right thing.   Although the nurses are nice, I don't learn much about them. However, I do learn about the lady next to me.  She has been there for 4 weeks because she doesn't have any family or anywhere to go.  She had a family but they don't want anything to do with her.  I wonder what it takes for that to happen.  I can't help feeling so sad for her and so grateful for all that I have.  A friend of mine has brought me magazines, I barely glance at them before I hand them over to the lady in the next bed.  I know that this isn't enough, but I don't know what else to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment