Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ice Water

Yesterday after I posted I started to feel much better.  I did relax quite a bit and was able to watch a movie but I also did some laundry, some cleaning and even went for a 20minute walk.  My throat is still very sore and my incision line is swollen and tender, but I do feel as though I am getting better each day.  The ice water has been my best friend.  It really helps my throat to feel better and staying hydrated will also help the healing process.  I tried to eat more solid food yesterday for breakfast and lunch.  Although I was able to get them down, I found that it made my throat more painful for the rest of the day.  A throat lozenge at bedtime helped but today I am back to mostly liquids. 

My brain used to be in a constant fog and now I feel as though I am thinking more clearly than I have in a long time.  I don't know if that is an effect of the surgery or just that I am not experiencing all  the normal stressors of day to day life.  I definitely could get used to this change in my thought processes, either way. 

I did take a nap for about an hour yesterday.  I probably could have gotten away without one but I am trying to rest my body so that it can heal.  My goal will be to walk longer and nap less as the week goes by. 

I had been working on weight loss prior to the surgery and was prepared for my weight to go back up again post-op.  However, at this point, I am still gradually losing weight.  I know that it is early and I will try not to become discouraged if it does bounce back up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment