Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Weekend

Finally the weekend is here.  This is important to me for two reasons.  First, it means that I don't need to spend my recovery time in solitude; second it is only two more days until my follow-up appointment.  It is a beautiful day outside today so my family and I are planning to spend as much time outside as possible.  I will place a scarf around my neck to help protect it and enjoy the day. 

Yesterday was a good day.  The intense pain in my soft palate became very bearable and I was able to eat solid foods.  I felt energized enough to keep up with the day and in the evening I was able to convince my entire family to go for a walk with me.  It was great to spend time together being active again.    My incision wasn't as itchy yesterday as it was on Thursday but I can feel the steri-strips starting to curl and peel.  I can't wait for them to come off!  They are itchy and I am eager to see what the incision looks like under the strips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment