Thursday, April 14, 2011

First few days back to work.

Today, is the day that I go to the endocrinologist.  I am hoping that she will have the pathology report.  I will be sure to post the results when I get them.  In the meantime, I will write about my first few days back to work. 

Monday I worked a 10 hour day.  The morning was mostly catch up so I had enough energy to go for my regular lunch time walk.  It was so nice to get out in the sun with colleagues and walk.  The afternoon was busier and so by the time I got home I was tired but not excessively so.  I went to bed early and was up nice and early on Tuesday to do it all again. 

I worked another busy 8 hours and went for a run on my lunch hour.  The sun was shing and my mood was happy and light.  It was great to experience my feet pounding the pavement again :)  I felt that I had a turned a corner in this journey.  I was happy that I had decided to have my thyroid removed and felt that, now, I could move on to the next chapter.  I was excited to have an active body and mind and be free of the worry of a sick thryoid.  By Tuesday evening, however, I was starting to lose that gumption and was wearing down.  I made it to my regular Tuesday evening vonlunteer activity but everyone was telling me how tired I looked (Thanks =p), and I was starting to feel cranky!  Another early night for me. 

On Wednesday, I couldn't get out of bed.  The sky was dark and the temperatures had dropped overnight.  I was very tired!  I did manage to make it to work, and through another gruelling 10 hour day, this time without a break for lunch (Don't worry, I did eat).  When I got home I was exhausted and cranky.  I was snapping at my family when they didn't deserve it.  DH was nice enough to take the kids to the park while I cleaned the kitchen and prepared lunches for the next day.  I needed that time alone.  It helped some with those feelings of frustration but I was still tired and was so happy to see my bed last night. 

Today is my day off and I feel like I have my energy back.  I will see what the endocrinologist says today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment