Friday, April 29, 2011

5 weeks Post Thyroidectomy

It has now been 5 weeks since my surgery and 2 weeks since I started the synthroid.  I think that I am doing quite well.  I am keeping busy and trying to stay active, although my motivation isn't quite as high as it was pre-op and immediately post-op. 

The only things that I have noted to be different are the following:  I am finding that I feel a little cranky, especially in the morning.  (I will allow that those around me may argue about the "little" part  :) )  I also used to be a night owl.  I could stay up all night (although I would have difficulty getting up in the morning) but now I am finding that by 9pm I am done for the day.  I don't have any energy left for anything else and I am ready to go to sleep.  It has actually made me more organized and I am on a much more stringent routine than I have ever been before.  I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing, just different. 

By my calculations, I should be close to the lowest thyroid level before my body begins to adjust to the synthroid so I am hoping that things will only get better from here :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment